compensation: Salary in the range of $80,000 to $100,000 per year based on experience and designation. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A successful building company has relocated their factory and head office to Squamish and has an opening for a full-time, year-round Controller on the team. Suitable for a designated accountant with a strong finance background, this career opportunity offers a competitive salary with benefits, year-round work and and a flexible schedule. Go to work everyday in a great position within a great team!
About the Role:
- Year-round, long-term steady work (no seasonal fluctuations).
- Mon-Friday, 8:30-5pm schedule ideally (some flexibility).
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Salary in the range of $80,000 to $100,000 per year based on experience and designation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Must have a CPA designation.
- Very hands-on and operationally strong with at least 5 years of accounting experience preferably in the construction industry.
- Experience in financial management and planning extremely beneficial.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent team leader with minimum 5 years of supervisory experience and positive energy who is open minded, flexible and approachable.
- A creative problem-solver who enjoys a fast-paced environment and thrives under pressure.
- Has a take charge, 'make it happen' approach and will deliver an immediate impact.
Duties / Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage a small accounting team including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Sales Order Entry and Reception.
- Manage the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the company's goals and objectives, annual budgets and forecasting
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reconciliations and internal financial statements resulting in accurate consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for transitioning current accounting systems to a more advanced ERP system in the near future.
- Provide management cost reports.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Create, modify or amend policy, procedures and accounting controls required for daily operation.
- Manage cash-flows, prepare weekly cash flow and working capital reports.
- Prepare tax filings.
- Manage financial year end and tax process, including communication with external CFO and Accountant, preparation of working papers and related analyses.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with banks, vendors, customers and internal business/clients.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of annual company budgets.
- Prepare insurance applications.
- Other projects and activities as directed by the EVP and CEO.
Applications received via email will be redirected to the website
ABOUT WHISTLER PERSONNEL SOLUTIONS:
Whistler Personnel is the premier employment agency in the Sea to Sky Corridor. We have been helping talented professionals find their dream jobs for over 20 years. www.whistler-jobs.com/about-us
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers