SERVICE SPECIALIST x2 – PART TIME (3 days/wk & 2days/wk)
Job Summary: This is an entry level position in which the primary task is to provide friendly,
exceptional service to Squamish ReBuild (SR) customers and suppliers (those donating material).
You mostly work on your own and during your shift are responsible for making decisions
regarding all aspects of accepting, pricing and organizing donated building supplies in
accordance with SR policies. In conjunction with the Executive Director and other SR Team
Members, you help to create a fun, welcoming atmosphere and ensure that products are fairly
priced, of good quality and well displayed. You are a proud ambassador for SR and support our
vision to “fundamentally change the way people think about waste”.
Job Details: We are looking to hire x2 Service Specialists, please see details below.
***Please note that our July schedule must be flexible due to team member vacation time
and the set schedule above, would start in August***
Training/Start Dates: ASAP
- Provide excellent, personable customer service and ring through sales
- Make quick, sound decisions regarding acceptance of incoming donations
- Unload, weigh, clean and organize the product to maximize customer appeal
- Research and determine product pricing via internet as per SR pricing policies
- Maintain clean and well organized retail shop and storage areas
- Provide volunteers with task direction and support
- Cash handling experience
- Willingness to learn is essential
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of construction and building materials is ideal
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills; good common sense
- Strong, healthy back with the ability to safely lift and move heavy materials
- A passion for the concepts of community, reducing, reusing and upcycling
- Proficiency in internet use, basic knowledge of MS Office & Google Docs
Drop off cover letter, resume and references in person to Squamish ReBuild between the
hours of 9am-5pm any day of the week. Or e-mail Ashley through this posting.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers