compensation: Competitive, based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you great with customers? Love helping people? Want to work with an amazing team who LOVE what they do? Consider a new career in restoration!
Our Whistler location (servicing the Sea-To-Sky highway) is looking for great people to join our team. Work is both residential (living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, decks) as well as commercial/industrial.
•Demo: Removal of flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection.
•Finish & Rough Carpentry: Measure, cut and apply all reconstruction materials, including baseboards, sub-floors, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. Install insulation and vapour barrier. Complete board-ups due to storms and vandalism.
•Leadership: Oversee sub-trades and junior staff service on site. Be responsible for safety and customer service.
•Drywall & Paint: Hang drywall and complete patch work, mudding and taping at a two foot cut out. Complete texture blends on ceilings. Prime and paint walls and ceilings.
•Other: Daily completion of tracking documents, timecards, photos, and other necessary documentation. Assist our flood technicians and content technicians from time to time.
What you need to have
•A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. Need help moving furniture? Sure thing! Doing site clean-up today? No problem! We have a great team whose talents compliment and assist each other.
•A personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site. Trucks or vans are preferred but cars are allowed for Apprentices. We reimburse your mileage for your travel to site.
•Flexible availability. We are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
•Eagerness to learn. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you've mastered them.
•Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
•Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, Tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
Why work for Canstar?
- Regular, full time, permanent work (no contract work!)
- Competitive pay, health/medical benefits, RRSP matching and tuition reimbursement/apprenticeship opportunities
- Amazing team with a great atmosphere - we are like a second family to each other who help out during the good and the bad
- You are helping people who have recently experienced a tragic event in their lives - it is very fulfilling and meaningful work, with no 2 days ever being the same
- Canstar is involved in community fundraising and charity events; we like helping out and giving back to our communities
- Social events throughout the year (PNE Playland Day, LobsterFest, pancake and bacon breakfasts at our quarterly team meetings, and more!)
- Career progression and advancement with skills you can take with you anywhere!
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you and you want to be part of a great team making a difference in people's lives, then please apply today!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers